The Summer 2019 issue of the Home Gym Quarterly is almost here! We’ve been working diligently behind the scenes to make this issue even better than the ones before!
What’s In the Summer 2019 Home Gym Quarterly
Lineup of articles
- Cover story – we caught up with former four time Highland Games World Champion Dan McKim to talk about life after competition, being a dad and of course training. We also talk about his work with Sorinex and how he’s managed to get himself and thousands of others, to PR consistently in the deadlift!
- Good Mornings – New contributor, Mat Woods, gives his perspective on training good mornings, why they’re good for you you and how to do them properly.
- Simplify Your Summer Workouts – Rob Brinkley, SFG-1 returns to give his tips for simplifying your summer training. With vacations on the horizon here in the U.S., a lot of home gym owners let their fitness slip but Rob says that’s not necessary. He gives tips for setting up an easier to follow plan for maintaining your gains during beach and road trip season!
- Recipes – the host of Busy Dad Meal Prep on the Garage Gym Life Media IGTV Channel, Derrick Clark, Sr. NASM-CPT, shares the recipes he prepares for audiences each week on IGTV. As a busy dad himself, Derrick specializes in easy to prepare, healthy and delicious recipes that won’t wreck your summer body!
- Start Your Own Podcast – Chris “Smitty” Smith, the host of the Garage Gym Coach podcast, shares his tips for how you can get into the podcast game. It seems everyone is jumping into podcasting and it can be a game changer for your business, but there are pitfalls to avoid along the way and Smitty is here to help you hurdle them with ease!
- Mace Fest – Frank Dimeo, the coordinator of MaceFit, gives a report on the recent Macefest event held at The Cave Gym. This was the first year for Macefest and among the featured events was a mace training flash mob on the beach!
- Bodybuilding Veteran Frank Rhea Interview – we caught up with bodybuilding veteran Frank Rhea on IGTV to get his thoughts on returning to training in his sixties, how he got started and stories of competing against 8-time Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman. This article follows up on that interview with Frank’s explanation for why bodybuilders seem to be more injury prone than “normal people”,, more stories from bodybuilding in the Eighties, and a breakdown of his unusual approach to diet!
- Armlifting Champion Eric Roussin – Riccardo Magni caught up with Eric Roussin who he competed against at the 2019 Arnold Armlifting Championship to talk training, Eric’s history in the sport and his future plans.
- Home Gym Evolution – Garage 562 owner, Kimberly Figge, talks about the transformation of her four car garage from a painful reminder of her divorce to a training space that welcomes her friends and neighbors with laughter and fun!
- Buyer Beware! – Marisol Swords teaches you how to find product recalls on home gym equipment
- The best fitness apps for home gym owners – we asked yoga and endurance running enthusiast, Lillian Bauer to find the best apps for your home fitness journey!
- Plus inspiring quotes from home gym owners around the world and much more!
The Summer Issue of the Home Gym Quarterly goes on sale July 1 on Issuu but you can grab all of the past issues here.