I made my own gymnastics rings with PVC pipe! They’re really easy to make and work great so I thought I should share this with all my fellow Garage Gym Life people.
Cut pipe duct tape ends put sand in it. Stick in oven for 10 min get oven mitts and you have to hold it for a couple of minutes in the circle shape. Then empty sand!
- One 1 inch PVC pipe about 50 inches long (enough for two gymnastics rings 23.5 inches long).
- Cookie sheet (or two to speed up the process)
- 4 cups of sand
- Duct tape
- One empty paint container (optional)
- Cut two pieces evenly sanding the ends to remove any rough edges.
- Wrap about five inches of duct tape one end
- Fill with sand
- Duct tape the other end
- Preheat oven to 350 and place one PVC pipe per cookie sheet in the oven for 10 min.
- Remove pvc with oven mitt and immediately wrap it around the outside of the paint container to shape the ring.
- Hold the pipe for a couple of minutes so it will stay in that shape.
- Remove duct tape from both ends and empty out sand.