DIY Band Pegs + Power Racks = Match Made in Strength Heaven
Let’s get some band pegs on that power rack of yours! What do you mean why? Now that we have you utilizing chains in your training it’s time to accommodate more resistance. (bands and chains are accommodating resistance)
I see a lot of people using big, clunky dumbbells to tie their bands to. This technique is under-utilizing your bands. In order to get the most out of your bands you’re going to want to be accurate with your tensions and positioning. That’s where band pegs come in. And because it’s the garage gym lifestyle, we’re doing DIY band pegs!
After watching this video you’ll be able to modify your rack and get the most out of your bands.
Excited yet? Good! All sizes on materials are subject to the sizes of hardware on your rack. Here’s what you need to get going.
- 14 gauge strut channel X 10 feet
- Anchor bolt 4 to 8 3/8″ X 4″ bolts
- Band pegs 4 to 16 3/8″ X 5″ bolts (depending on how many pegs you want)
- 3/8″ nuts (as many as needed for pegs)
- 3/8″ nyloc nuts. (as many as needed for pegs and anchors)
- 3/8″ flat washers double the amount needed for total of bolts
- Hack saw
- 2 X 9/16 wrenches
- 1 X ratchet with 9/16 socket